Some of us have better pain tolerance while some don’t. Nerve or neuropathic pain can occur due to an injury or a disease, lack of oxygen, stroke, medication, inflammation or certain infections. Sometimes the underlying reason behind the pain is never known. People experiencing nerve pain may notice increased sensitivity to temperature, touch and movement.
For some even touch against a bed sheet is enough to trigger pain. The pricking pain experienced can pose limitations to your quality of life. Even simple tasks start feeling tricky, you may find it hard to fall asleep and go about with your usual work in full-fledge. There are various types of nerve pain including:
- Central Pain Syndrome (CPS): Stroke or multiple sclerosis could cause pain in the brain and spinal cord.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS): Serious injuries could leave a person with severe burning sensation.
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy: Due to changes in blood sugar levels, oxidative stress, high blood pressure and obesity, the nerves in the arms, hands, legs, feet can be damaged.
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome: Certain medical conditions, repetitive movement and injuries can cause soft tissues and muscles to be inflamed.
- Trigeminal neuralgia: A jabbing pain is felt along the cheeks and jaws due to the inflammation of the facial trigeminal nerve.
Treatments for nerve pain:
Nerve pain is traditionally treated using over-the-counter drugs, prescription medicines, and interventional procedures, alternative therapies like massage, acupuncture and sometimes even surgery all of which comes with undesirable side effects. Lately people are resorting to treating it the natural way using the best CBD oil for pain.
You can find effective CBD infused creams and lotions at JustCBD store. They are the leading manufacturers of CBD products. Users of their products have found them to be highly effective in treating an array of health conditions. Their products are made from organic hemp and are tested by third-party laboratories. Place your order today and get rid of your nerve pain.
How does CBD help with pain?
CBD aka cannabidiol is one of the prime cannabinoids present in cannabis plant. They work similar to our body’s naturally produced endocannabinoids that controls various psychological processes including inflammation, pain sensation, appetite etc. The endocannabinoids deliver these effects by binding the cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2.
CB1 receptors are associated with nerve pain. CBD is found to interact with both these cannabinoid receptors and create an anti-inflammatory response. It reduces the metabolic breakdown of endocannabinoids. This slowing in breakdown process increases of activity of endocannabinoids thus diminishing the pain sensation.
Though more extensive evidence is required to derive conclusive results, the initial studies on CBD regarding its effects on nerve pain has been promising. Applying the CBD cream topically over the site of pain would help in reducing pain and inflammation.
Nerve pain can worsen if left untreated. It can gradually spread to other parts of the body and after a point you may require more intensive treatment options. Get rid of the pain at the initial stages with CBD infused pain cream.