One of the most famous plasters used in wall finishes is the Venetian plaster. Europe has been using this for several years. Do you know why this plaster is so popular? It is because polished plasters have a beautiful luxurious look. It adds elegance and style to the walls. Click link to know more about these plasters. There are various reasons why most of the people prefer using Venetian plasters:
- Full of character
- Provides a deluxe interior texture
- You can also change the color as per your likes
- can be used for various purposes- museums, houses, retail stores
Tips to know before applying Polished plaster:
Applying polished plaster is a work of art and needs special skills and experience to do the job perfectly. It is not a job for the amateurs. Choosing a wrong applicator can be a huge loss. For completing a single wall, the plasterer might take few hours to complete the job perfectly. Visit this web to know about Venetian plasterers. However, the new plasterers can easily work with synthetic plasters. Here shortlisted are few tips that are essential for applying Venetian plasters.
- Use the right tools– Have you ever seen a worker blame his tools? Of course not! But when it comes to Venetian plastering, your tools are to be blamed. The plasterers need to have the right tools for performing the job effectively. Tools play a very important role because they determine how smoothly you can apply the plaster. The tools essential for applying polished plaster consist of-drywall knife of 6 inch, or steel trowel, plaster and grit sandpaper.
- Preparation– Before applying the coat, it is essential to correct the imperfections. This includes- filling up holes if any, sanding on rough surfaces and cleansers can be used to wipe away dirt and dust. The wall has to be clean and smooth for effective application.
- First coat– A thin coat of the plaster has to be applied with a drywall knife to understand how much labor is needed for the next coats. The aim of this coat is to keep the wall surface smooth. Make sure that the first coat is applied evenly. After the first coat, the application has to be dried for 16 hours.
- The second coat– The second coat has to be applied in the same way just like the first coat. It has to be kept for 24 hours.
Usually, the third coat is not needed. But in high end cases, you may need a third coating. The last stage is the polishing stage. It can be done both by machine as well as hand.