Vastu Shastra is the science of architecture. “ Vastu” means home, and “Shastra” means science. It is the science of arranging five elements air, water, earth, fire, space in harmony by way of design, space arrangement, spatial geometry, placement of things, etc.
Vastu Shastra is an ancient science; therefore, many of you or almost all of you have heard it. But, you may not be fully aware of its benefits, tips, and tricks. This piece of writing is dedicated to edifying you about the importance of Vastu Shastra, beneficial areas, and some useful tips to improve your house Vastu Shastra.
Why is Vastu Shastra Important?
Vastu Shastra is important to eliminate negative energies and to welcome positivity into the homes so that the family members can live healthily and happily. Vastu Shastra is also essential for money, relationships, academic growth, etc.
Benefits of Vastu Shastra
- Aids in Financial Prosperity
- Helps in maintaining good health, both physical and mental
- Improves Relationships
- Assists in academic and career growth
- Keeps home positive and sanctified
Elements and Dominant Directions
As per Vastu, the universe is made up of five elements, namely earth, fire, air, water, and space. And all these five elements should be in harmony for attracting goodness into the home. Each element has a dominant direction.
- Earth: It is known to provide stability and patience. This element dominates the centre and diagonal direction in every corner.
- Air: It is a harbinger of fun and happiness in life; it dominates the East.
- Space: It represents cognitive and social energies. The dominant area is West.
- Fire: The energy of confidence, money, and success. It dominates the South.
- Water: It is one of the supporting and essential elements of human life. It represents immunity and health. It dominates the North.
Vastu Tips for Home Improvement
- Keep the corners of the house bright as they are the source of energy.
- Clear cobwebs as you spot them as they restrict the financial growth of the members.
- Place a Tulsi plant in the North-East direction of the house to attract positive energies.
- Do not have a spiral staircase in the house; it is known to attract negativity.
- Have a Lord Ganesha figurine facing the entrance of the house to ensure optimism and removal of obstacles.
- Do not have non-working clocks in the house.
- Bedrooms should be planned in the south-west direction to improve relationships.
- Having or growing fruit plants at the entrance ensures good health.
- Avoid placing mirrors opposite to the bed as the mirror will reflect the sleeping person, and it is known to cause sickness.
- The presence of Lotus flowers brings wealth. Other Vastu recommended flowers are Lily, Jasmine, Orchid, Peonies, Daffodils, etc. By making a flower delivery, you can easily adorn your home with these.
- For better concentration, place the study table in the East or North of the room.
- Repair leaky taps, faucets, or faulty plumbing to avoid financial losses.
Design your home with these Vastu Tips to embrace happiness, success, wealth, and good relationships.