For those wanting to have employment in Govt railways, every year, RRB NTPC examination is held for the recruitment of several posts. These are Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) posts, which are further divided into two posts: Graduate and Undergraduate. This year the exam has been delayed due to the ongoing pandemic for the 35208 vacancies announced. It will now be conducted on 15th December 2020.
Over 1.25 lakhs have applied for the exam, so the competition is going to be tough. Let us look at all the details and tips for cracking the examination.
RRB NTPC Exam pattern
The NTPC phase 1 examination consists of 3 subjects:
- General Awareness – 40 marks
- Mathematics-30 marks
- General Intelligence and Reasoning- 30 marks
Total marks for this 1st stage is 100 marks. The time duration for the examination is 90 minutes. All these will be multiple choice based questions. The score of the 1st stage would be to determine who all will proceed to stage 2. Also, note that there would be 1/3rd negative marking for each incorrect answer.
The 2nd phase again is a computer-based examination with the same subjects but with different weightage.
- General awareness – 50 marks
- Mathematics-35 marks
- General Intelligence and Reasoning- 35 marks
Here the total number of questions and the total number of marks would be 120.
Based on the 2nd stage merit list scores, candidates will then be called for document verification and then a Medical Fitness test. Those who would clear all these stages will finally have to go through the final verification process of Educational and Character certificates.
NTPC Admit Cards
Tips to crack RRB NTPC Exam
- After you have gone through the syllabus and exam pattern, the first and foremost thing is to make a study plan for yourself.
- Make sure you follow it and dedicatedly study in two or three hours daily.
- It is always good to go for the RRB NTPC online mock test to understand what areas you need to improve.
- Regular practice of subjects and solving previous years’ papers would help achieve accuracy and speed required in the examination.
There are various resources to gain study material for the examination. Do refer to the books and also take guidance from online.
RRB NTPC Exam Results
The Cut off score for the exam is declared on the day when results are announced. The minimum marks that are to be obtained are the cut off announced by the board to qualify for the next stage. To have an idea of cut off, candidates must go through previous years cut off. It is to be noted that RRB takes the Normalisation method to calculate qualifying marks.
Do follow all the instructions and guidelines on the day of the examination. Keep all your documents and certificates ready in one place once the results are announced.