The legal proceedings are such that it requires a legal transcription. The audio or the spoken format of the proceedings into a typed format is what is done by the transcriber. This format can be done either on paper or digitally. Theadvantage of this is that the court will get an accurate and a verbatim recording of the testimonies.
What is the work of court transcriber?
The proceedings in the court room are transcribed by the court transcriber and they are licensed and qualified. You can say that they are stenographers who do the entire typing of the format. You can availdifferentother types of transcriptions like:
- By interrogations
- Through legal briefs
- Through depositions
- The wiretaps are quite common.
- The conference calls and
- The instruction of the jury
The transcriptions are usually created from the recorded audio footage. The attorney has the right to dictate the notes that ar later transcribed. There is also another way where the police officers interrogate the person and then it is transcribed.
How are they used?
- The legal transcriptions of the court transcriber are used to keep all the precise records safely. The lawyers as well as the legal professionals can use the transcriptions in their own way.
- The professionally done transcriptions are deal record for theattorney. The identification of the speaker and the timestamps prove to be the best way to keep track of the varied events that have taken place.
- This is the format that is created like a proof and can help the attorneys as an evidence for the case. The format alongwith the recording can be presented in the court to make your case stronger.
The legal transcriptions may be required for an appeal so it is very important for the legal cases. If there is lack of the transcripts, then it may happen that the process may delay.